Saturday, July 30, 2011

Your smile will never fade in our memory.. thanks for being with us.

We really didn't expect this would happen. Not this fast.

[22nd July, 2011, morning.]
He held a Physics seminar for us. That morning, he said disappointingly that some of the students went in the hall late. Then, he said..

"This may be my last week with you. My last week to talk and teach you all"

We started to think about the issue of changing to a new principal, coz him, our current principal was ordered transferred to another school. Then, after he finished the seminar, we called him over.

"You're not leaving to that school, right?" we asked. But, he just smiled, and didn't answer us.

[That evening.]
We planned to make a petition, to make him stay as our principal until he retires. That evening, we gathered, and Nora called him. We asked him if we could do something so he could stay. Weirdly, he didn't refuse. 

"Okay, just do it." he said.
"You'll need to sign a letter then, okay?" Nora replied.
"No need for my sign. Get the PK1's sign instead" he said.

Then, as we approved, talk a little and said thanks, Nora put the call off. But, before she did, principal seems like having something to said, but too late coz Nora has pushed the red button.

That was the last time we talked to him. And we're regretting it.. coz now we really want to hear that last words from him..

[25th July 2011.]
Morning assembly. But principal wasn't there. The MC kept saying his name, though he wasn't there.

Then, through the week, we didn't even saw our principal in school. Not even a single period of Physics class during that week. 

We started to worry if we were too late making the petition. Was he already transferred to the new school? Rumours said the new principal (A WOMAN) was ready to transfer in. 

I even printed the petition form. With the reasons of why we love our principal.

[30th July 2011, afternoon.]
Went to the book store to buy ep0p together with Mimi and Nora. Then, Nora told us that principal was currently in ward, coz of heart attack. We thought about visiting, but don't have any transport. Don't know why.. we really felt like going to visit him, but sadly, no transport.

30th July 2011,7.15pm 
I was watching [Marry me Marry], then got a call. It's Nora. When I picked the call, she talked in a cracking voice. I thought she was excited over something, coz I could barely hear her voice.

Turned out she's actually crying. I held my phone closer to my ear.

"Our principal had passed away.. " I went blank. Felt like stop breathing. I ran to the kitchen, don't want my parents noticed, that I'm actually starts to tear.

"Wait.. what? You're serious?"

"Yes.. it was this evening. Someone told me." Tears ran fast on my cheek. My face felt so hot. I cried. And could hardly stop. My hands shivered. So hard for me to hold my cellphone.

Then, one by one of my friends called to inform me. The extra class that night was canceled, coz they planned to visit at the hospital.

I told my mum if i could join, but she didn't allow.

At 9.10 pm, my friend called. She urged me to come over, coz principal will be taken to Negeri Sembilan the next day. 

After a little talk, my mum agreed to send me to the hospital. I know she didn't really want to send me over. She mumbles in the car.. I'm sorry, mum.

Arrived, they said he's currently in the surau for the pray. We waited outside. Then, we talked about him, Hw he taught us. And we cried.

Not so long, the body is ready to be put inside the van.We came closer. But I can't see his face, coz he has been put inside the case for jenazah.  My friend who got the chance to have a last look on his face said, he looked so calm and peaceful. I cried again.

Until the van went away.

Heard from the people there, he actually had secretly went to the Sungai Buloh Hospital for a med check up. So, he's keeping of this alone with him. Nobody knew he was sick.

There are too much to write about you. But I can only write till here. To Encik Ruslan b. Bustani, our beloved principal. you will always live in our heart. Your smile will never fade away from this school that you had contributed so much for. May Allah bless you. Al-fatihah..

I still have that petition form in my files. Which we planned to get signatures starting this week. With your name, and our reasons of why we love you so much that we can't let you go away from this school. But, you actually left.

Monday. An assembly without your wonderful speech.. i miss your very own style when giving out speeches..

No comments: